- The HATE THE WEIGHT CHALLENGE (HTW) for STUDENTS will start in November of 2019 and end June 15, 2020. HTW is offered year-round for ADULT CHALLENGERS who want to Lose Weight, Stay in Shape and have FUN doing it.
- There are SEVEN LEVELS to compete and win:
A – LEVEL (1) CLASS CHALLENGE – We will weigh each Class at the Beginning and End of the Challenge. The Class
that Reduces, Maintains or Gains the Least Amount of Pounds, factoring in the Student BMI Chart, is the winner.
B – LEVEL (2) STUDENT CHALLENGE (SC) – Each contestant who Reduces, Maintains or Gains the Least Amount of
Pounds, factoring in the Student BMI Chart, will compete for a GRAND PRIZE by Random Drawing at the end of the
CHALLENGE. The SC will also allow Students to compete for a GRAND PRIZE against their PEERS in other schools.
- Each member of the winning class will have a chance to select a host of prizes (SEE FLYER).
- There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner for the CLASS AND STUDENT CHALLENGE.
- If a student is transferred or leaves the school, the CLASS and SCHOOL WEIGHT will be adjusted.
- On or around June 16, 2020 every participant will be weighed to start the selection of the winners.
- Winners will be announced between June 20-23, 2020 or every Quarter for ADULT CHALLENGERS.
- LEVEL (3) SCHOOL vs. SCHOOL CHALLENGE – This level provides each school with an opportunity to compete against each other. Schools entering the contest will submit the TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT of their students. The school that Reduces, Maintains or Gains the Least Amount of Pounds, factoring in the Student BMI Chart, will be the winner. The School Weight will be adjusted when students are no longer attending the school.
- Students transferring to another school may not be eligible to compete. The Rules Committee will make the final decision.
- LEVEL (4) WEIGHT CONTROL CHALLENGE (WCC) – The WCC is for Overweight and Transfer students who want to Win a GRAND PRIZE. Students who are OVERWEIGHT by more than 15 pounds must register for the WCC. CHALLENGERS who LOSE THE MOST WEIGHT will be declared the winners, factoring in the Student BMI Chart.
- LEVEL (5) SCHOOL STAFF CHALLENGE – The School Staff Challenge is important because it motivates the students to compete as well. The Staff will be divided into groups or it can be by Gender. The Principal makes the final decision. The Group who Reduces, Maintains or Gains the Least Amount of Pounds will be declared the WINNER.
- LEVEL (6) SCHOOL vs. SCHOOL STAFF CHALLENGE – There will also be a SCHOOL STAFF CHALLENGE that allows the STAFF from each School to compete against one another. The Group that Reduces, Maintains or Gains the Least Amount of Pounds will compete for a Grand Prize by Random Drawing. Each School will submit their Winning Team.
- We reserve the right to “Spot Check” all submissions year-round to ensure the integrity of the contest, so don’t be surprised if The “Fitness Sheriff” shows up at your School, Job, Gym, Church, etc. to MEET & WEIGH contestants.
- Additional Prizes will be listed monthly. PRIZES for PARTICIPATING in the HTW CHALLENGE will be awarded year-round.
- LEVEL (7) HTW CHALLENGE – This Level is for ADULT CHALLENGERS & COMPANIES who will compete every
Quarter. Be on the look out for the official launch date so you can be MOTIVATED TO HAVE FUN AND STAY HEALTHY.
- We reserve the right to substitute any prize that is not available to one close to its equivalent value.
- Duplicate and FALSE WEIGHT SUBMISSIONS will be disqualified and could disqualify the entire class or school.
- We reserve the right to take pictures, conduct interviews and use video of winners and contestants for promotional use.
- All TIES will be decided by RANDOM DRAWING for selected contests.
- We reserve the right to make Rule Adjustments to protect the students and/or the integrity of the CHALLENGE. The Principal of each school will be notified and/or the changes will be posted on the Hip-Hop Summit Youth Council Website.